Kassi Hooper PMHNP – BC
Before starting my undergraduate career at UNC-Chapel Hill, I always knew that I wanted to pursue nursing. It was not until I started my undergraduate nursing studies that I saw the significant need for psychiatric-mental health providers and services, particularly related to the frequency at which this patient population is overlooked and the stigmatization this population often experiences within our healthcare system. This combined with witnessing loved ones enduring mental illness sparked the drive within me to care for individuals within the psychiatric-mental health population.
Kassi Hooper is a board-certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC) who treats individuals throughout the lifespan. She is a part-time member of the CPCH team and works individually with patients.
At CPCH, she treats depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, bipolar disorder, and other mental health problems. She has served patients from North Carolina in an array of settings: state psychiatric facilities, private practice, and telepsychiatric.
Kassi is a North Carolina native from Winston-Salem. She received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. After several years of experience as a psychiatric-mental health registered nurse, she went on to receive her Master of Science in Nursing degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program.
Kassi’s goal is to provide patient-centered care that is collaborative, compassionate, and evidenced-base to assist clients in obtaining their highest quality of life. Her treatment approaches include medication management, psychoeducation, dialectical behavioral therapy, and supportive psychotherapy.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Master of Science in Nursing – Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- MindPath Care Centers at Carolina Partners in Mental HealthCare, PLLC (Cary, NC) – Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – Board Certified (PMHNP-BC): 2019-20
- UNC Medical Center (Chapel Hill, NC) – Clinical Nurse: 2016-2019
- Central Regional Hospital (Butner, NC) – Clinical Nurse: 2013-15
- J. Blackley Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Center (Butner, NC) – Clinical Nurse: 2012-13
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND LICENSES:
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners: 2020- present
- International Society of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses: 2018- present
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Alpha Alpha Chapter: 2016-present
- North Carolina Nurses Association: 2012- present
- American Nurses Association: 2012- present
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association: 2011- present
- Sigma Alpha Lambda, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapter: 2007-10
- North Carolina Nurse Practitioner License: 2019- present
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – Board Certification (PMHNP-BC): 2019- present
- North Carolina Registered Nurse License: 2010- present